- made in a lightly waxed grey cotton canvas (it repels water)
- not waterproof (see Designer’s Notes.. for more info)
- durable hardware and no10 YKK zip
- bungee for attaching miscellaneous
- reflective strip
- internal mesh divider pockets (thirds and half on opposite flap)
- supplied with 1x clip in adjustable shoulder strap and 2x straps for lacing onto the handlebar bag harness
- dimensions are nominal and in millimetre (mm)
- 300L x 180H x 30D
The Flatty’s utilitarian function is pack less, pack organised and keep it near. Water proof is not a priority. The style is functional retro and the waxed canvas ages beautifully!
I pack in this pouch: personal care items, first aid, Swiss folding knife, fixed blade knife, kitchen utensils, mini stove, headlight and some snacks. Some of the items go into Ziploc bags. Under the bungee I pack a wash cloth, mini micro fibre towel and rain jacket, all inside a super light dry bag. Items that need to “air” or dry ride outside. Take care with bungees not to lose items or have a piece of garment end up in the wheel!
Behind the scene info: the pouch’s construction is relatively simple making it ideal for teaching new skills. It helps us help others.